Clogged ears is a common problem now. Many people experience this thing. For treating this problem, ear blockage treatment is now offered at various places by the expert professionals. Clogged ears are the one when something gets blocked in the ear canal and make it difficult for the person to hear anything. Sometimes, your ears unclog themselves in few days. If you would like to know when your ears get clogged and what you can do to unclog it, check out this informative article.
What are the reasons for clogged ears?
- Change in altitude: An important reason for ear clogged is change in altitude. This happens while flying in an airplane, a change in air pressure, scuba diving etc. A clogged ear is the most common thing that happen due to change in air pressure.
- Eustachian tube blockage: This tube connects your ear to your throat. Basically, muscles travel from ear to the back of the throat and therefore, nose, ear and throat are interconnected with each other. But sometimes, mucus get trapped and so you experience a clogged ear. This kind of clogged ear also take place due to infection such as flu, common cold, sinus infection and so on.
- Earwax: Earwax is a thing which protects your ear, cleanses the canal and keep the debris away from entering your ears. Earwax is said to be a good thing but sometimes it turns hard and causes blockage in the ear. This may happen due to use of cotton swabs that are used to clean ears which pushes earwax deeper.
Now let’s get to know ear blockage treatment that are performed with the help of professional experts. So, without wasting much time, let’s get into the details –
3 types of ear blockage treatment
- Valsalva maneuver: This is the first remedy which is better known as popping your ears which is performed by holding your nose and keeping your lips tight while blowing out. When your cheeks will puff up, your ears will pop automatically. However, if this process does not work, do not try to blow out as this may cause serious problems in your eardrum.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Another effective solution is combining rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide with warm water. Make sure the water is not too hot or else it will burn your ear. You need to tilt your head a bit to one side so that the clogged ear face the ceiling and you can put one or two drops of the solution into your ear with the help of a dropper. Keep your head in this position for at least 10 seconds and it will clear the blockage. You may need to apply this technique for once or twice a day for some days until you get satisfactory result. This is an effective mode of ear blockage treatment.
- Ear drops: The third remedy to treat ear blockage is ear drop which you can buy on recommendation of an ENT specialist. He will suggest you instructions on how to use it the right way.
Therefore, these are the three most effective ear blockage treatments. One should keep one thing in mind that ears are the most sensitive parts of a body. If you are experiencing discomfort for a long time, it is best to seek the attention of a medical professional who holds expertise in this field and suggests you the right ear treatment.