Erectile dysfunction happens when a man is not able to maintain a hard erection for a proper time. This problem is common for men in all ages. Muscles who are responsible for maintaining sometimes lose their strength and tone which cause erectile dysfunction. There are exercises which can help you to reverse erectile dysfunction. If not via exercises, you can try treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Exercise vs other treatments
Treating the cause of erectile dysfunction will have a long-lasting results, while only medication only provides temporary relief. Some people find medication ineffective. There are also some psychological factors which are responsible for erectile dysfunction. In these cases, a person take a therapy and can get benefit from this.
What exercises can help?
You should go for exercises which strengthen the muscles to increase the girth of penis that can benefit from erectile dysfunction. The pelvic floor muscles are key in sustaining blood flow to the penis and maintain proper erection. Kegel exercises will help in this case.
Try these Kegel exercises
Kegels or pelvic floor exercises are beneficial for erectile dysfunction. These exercises helps to target the muscles which are present at the bottom of the pelvis. This loops from the pubic bone to the tailbone and supports pelvic organs. When this muscle weakens it’s unable to prevent blood from flowing out of the erect penis. Doing pelvic floor exercises will strengthen and improve tone in the pubococcygeus. It can take around 4-6 weeks for a person to notice the difference in erections.
- Activating pelvic floor muscles
This is a simple exercise but an effective one. It teaches a person to activate their pelvic floor muscles.
- Lie down with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor and arms by your side
- Exhale and squeeze the pelvic floor muscles for a count of three
- Inhale and release for a count of three
- You will take time to identify the right group of muscles which are at the bottom of the pelvis. This can be accidentally contract other muscles instead, particularly those of the legs or buttocks.
- Sitting pelvic floor activation
- Sit with your arms at the side and your feet flat on the floor which must be hip-width apart
- Now, use the same technique as above, activate your pelvic floor muscles for a count of three and release it after count of three
- You must ensure that stomach, leg and buttock are not contracting
- Standing pelvic floor activation
- You will have to stand straight with your arms by the sides and feet hip width apart
- Use the same technique as above, activate the pelvic floor muscles for a count of three and release them for a count of three
- Ensure that stomach, buttocks and legs are not contracting
Once you are comfortable with kegel exercises three times a day. You can add more exercises which involve more movement.
Pilates exercise to try
These pilates exercises will activate the right group of muscles and challenge a person to maintain pelvic floor strength while moving.
- Knee fallouts
- You should lie down with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor and your arms by the sides
- Keep your spine in a neutral position with small space between the middle of the back and the floor
- Exhale and squeeze the pelvic floor muscles and slowly lower one knee to the floor. Lower it as far as possible while maintaining the activation of pelvic floor muscles. Try to keep your pelvis stable.
- Inhale, release the muscles and bend the knee again
- Repeat on the other side
- Start with four to five repetitions
- Supine foot raises
This exercise builds on knee fallouts and involves some movements.
- Lie down with your knees bent with your feet flat on the floor and your arms by your side
- Now, exhale and engage your pelvic floor muscles and raise one foot off the floor while keeping your spine and pelvis still
- Inhale and lower back to ground
- Repeat for the other side
So, yes kegel exercises are good for erectile dysfunction. You can do these exercises and they will help you with this problem. Don’t delay and try these exercises to get maximum relief from erectile dysfunction.