Many people say that the itch is the most bothersome of psoriasis symptoms. Keep reading to know how to get relief from a psoriasis itch.
- Limit shower time: Limit showers to 5 minutes and baths to 15 minutes or less. Spending too much time in the water can dry your skin, which can worsen the itch.
- Skip hot baths: Skip hot baths and showers. The heat can make your skin itchier.
- Use moisturizer: Applying a moisturizing cream or ointment after every hand washing, bath and shower helps to seal much-needed moisture into your skin. Moisturizer helps reduce the redness and the itch. It also helps your skin heal. Grab your moisturizer when you have the urge to scratch. Instead of scratching, gently apply moisturizer to the itchy skin.
- Apply a cool compress:Placing something cool on the itchy skin can reduce the itch.
- Treat your psoriasis: The best way to get rid of the itch is to treat psoriasis.
What are the treatment options?
Conventional methods of treatment include application of topical lotions and ointments which contain salicylic acid or steroids. Phototherapies like UV light therapy is also used to treat the skin lesions. But all these methods attempt to solve the problem at the superficial level. They just suppress the symptoms and hence the chance of the problem relapsing is high.
Homeopathic treatment for psoriasis on the other hand offers a holistic approach where the root cause of the problem is identified and dealt with. Homeopathy provides a customized treatment plan for each patient depending on their history, temperaments and environment, thus addressing the underlying issue and also treating the external lesions.
Due to the unpleasant effects that psoriasis can have on physical appearance, low self-esteem and anxiety are commonly experienced. This can lead to depression, especially if the psoriasis gets worse. Your homeopathic doctorwill understand the psychological and emotional impact of psoriasis.
It is important to use homeopathic medicines for psoriasisas prescribed by a homeopathic doctor, even if your psoriasis improves. Continuous treatment can help prevent flare-ups. Moreover, homeopathic medicines are side-effect-free!