Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is treatment widely available across many clinics in the U.S. and around the world today. But why has it become so popular?
As we all learned in our human anatomy class, testosterone is a hormone produced by the body to spur the growth, development, and function of male sex organs and male features. However, it is also important to learn that not all male have the same testosterone level in the body; men with hypogonadism have low T levels which is the reason for their underdeveloped male characteristics. Our T-level also tend to diminish through the years, which is also the reason many aging men suffer from early baldness, loss libido, and emotional problems even before they hit their 30’s.
Through TRT, men suffering from low T can experience a reinvigorated version of themselves. To give you more insights, here are the key takeaways of the infographic below from Ehormones, which details the top amazing facts you should know about Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
- Testosterone is the hormone that stimulates that growth of male features. As we age, our T-Level also decreases, which results in decreased sex drive, hair loss, etc.
- Testosterone was first synthesized in 1935. However, intramuscular undecanoate injections, which is the primary testosterone ester used by most clinics these days, wasn’t introduced in Europe and the United States until the new millennium.
- TRT has been proven to provide several powerful benefits to male patients, including but not limited to increased sex drive, improved muscle gain and decreased body fat, and improved mood and concentration.
- Many menopausal women are also using it to improve their libido.
- TRT is available in many forms, including oral tablets, buccal patches, injections, and gels.
- TRT is designed to be a long-term therapy for maximum efficacy.
If you want to learn more about TRT and the powerful benefits you can gain from it, check out more of the infographic below.